Corporate governance encompasses a set of principles that underpin the successful organization, operation, management and auditing of Cana’s activities, aiming to maximize the company’s value and protect its legitimate interests – as well as those of its associates – in the long term.
In line with international guidelines and best practice, we have put in place a modern corporate governance framework that includes the following elements:
- The overarching principle of respecting and safeguarding the interests of company shareholders.
- A management structure where lines of responsibility are clear, and the qualifications and expertise of employees are aligned with the nature, range and demands of our work.
- A system of reward, assessment and professional development that attracts and keeps highly skilled staff.
- Internal procedures that cover the entire range of what we do and ensure that our internal audit system is effective.
- Strict adherence to national and European Union legislation.
- A Code of Sales & Marketing Ethics that is fully compliant with current legislation and relevant national and international Codes, including those laid down by the Hellenic Association of Pharmaceutical Companies (SFEE) and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) as regards medicinal products, and by the World Health Organization for infant formula respectively.
- A Code of Conduct that, among others, governs our management of confidential information and our relationships with the authorities and the public.
TRACE, an independent compliance firm and leading provider of professional due diligence and consulting services to Fortune 1000 companies, has successfully completed a TRACEcertification due diligence review of Cana Pharmaceutical Laboratories S.A.. TRACE has issued Cana Pharmaceutical Laboratories S.A. a certificate signifying that the company has completed internationally accepted due diligence procedures and has been forthcoming and cooperative during the review process. TRACEcertification underscores Cana Pharmaceutical Laboratories S.A.’s commitment to transparency in international commercial transactions.